Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

mouse will not highlight without shift key and double clicks

I've checked, changed and otherwise reset my Wacom mouse so that it might once again actually highlight something without me holding down the shift key. It also double clicks on a single left key click. This causes untold amounts of wasted time as it deletes 3 messages at a time when I select one to delete. It closes files when I simple wish to move them over to the right or left with that same left click and drag. What in the mud has happened and what can I do about it? Open for suggestions. I have used my bluetooth Apple button and although it is not as pronounced it is still occurring.

imac, Mac OS X (10.6.7), Have two imacs

Posted on Jul 30, 2015 5:02 AM

7 replies

Jul 30, 2015 6:00 AM in response to SeaPapp

Mike, I already did that. I downloaded the latest driver and no, I am running 10.10.4 on my latest imac where this problem is occurring. Wacom will not directly respond to me so I've gone to forums and all make the same suggestion you did, but I have the latest and supposedly the greatest. It happens all over the iMac and it only began with the Yosemite download. So stumped.

Jul 30, 2015 6:35 AM in response to SeaPapp

Mike, that's exactly what I did. And reinstalled the "new" driver which was the same updated driver I had. I contacted Wacom via email and even as I was writing the support ticket the entire Wacom tablet died. So I got my Apple mouse out and completed it saying I use it enough that I want it serviced and it's not like it was a cheap purchase. I don't know what they'll say or do or charge, but whatever they do I'll get back to you about if you'd like. Thanks for making suggestions.

Jul 30, 2015 12:00 PM in response to SeaPapp

Mike, there are several types of Wacom tablets (cheap to thousands of dollars) and for a designer, a painter or just anyone who wants to draw and not do it like they're holding a bar of soap (a mouse), the Wacom has been great. This one is my third one and the one I've had the most trouble with. You set up a pen with it and a mouse, you can even make the pad suit the size of your screen or your painting. They show up in System Settings and you generally can adjust everything like pen pressure, etc. So it's been the mouse misbehaving and now I'm pretty sure the whole pad (for some reason as I don't typically drop rather heavy pads off my desk) has just bitten the dust. I know Wacom is slow to get back with anyone and prefer everyone to go thru their knowledge base but I did all that and this was weeks ago so finally as I was filling out a form for service or technical help from Wacom and the whole unit shut down I just switched to my wireless Apple mouse. I do NOT use a track pad with my iMac (cause why should I when I had Wacom). So we'll see. Just didn't want you left hanging and I'll probably unscrew the whole thing tonight just to see if something fell out of place or got dislodged...what the heck do I have to lose. There's no warranty left and I might just solve it (always look for simple solutions first, right?).

Jul 30, 2015 1:20 PM in response to SilverBear

Just in case it's something on the Mac end try resetting the SMC Resetting the System Management Controller (SMC) on your Mac - Apple Support

and PRAM How to Reset NVRAM on your Mac - Apple Support

ANother thought is that maybe something is conflicting with the Wacom software.....just throwing out ideas. My best guess is that Wacom hasn't updated their software for the latest version of Yosemite.

mouse will not highlight without shift key and double clicks

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.