Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Why after upgrading iMAC to Yosemite OS X 10.10.4 Energy Saver function to "Never Sleep" still sleeps & still can't backup to Time Capsule?

Why is this known issue not answered on any Apple pages I've come across?? We are we not able to keep our Yosemite 10.10.4 iMac OS X from SLEEPING. I've followed all the instructions... Rebooted, unplugged, turned all devices off, etc...Any answers? I need to backup my imac and other MacBooks! Plus, want to keep one computer from sleeping so that we can BACKUP and have the 'rules' work across all the devices. Help!

iMac, OS X Yosemite (10.10.4), iMAC and Macbook Pro 12" Gold

Posted on Jul 30, 2015 4:49 AM

3 replies

Jul 30, 2015 8:39 PM in response to joannzk

Why is this known issue not answered on any Apple pages I've come across??

You simply haven't come across the right ones. Try this: Resetting the System Management Controller (SMC) on your Mac - Apple Support

excerpt:

• The computer doesn't respond to the power button when pressed.
  • A portable Mac doesn't appear to respond properly when you close or open the lid.
  • The computer sleeps or shuts down unexpectedly.

I need to backup my imac and other MacBooks!

Time Machine is compatible with sleep mode, so it's not clear how this is affecting it. More information is required.

Why after upgrading iMAC to Yosemite OS X 10.10.4 Energy Saver function to "Never Sleep" still sleeps & still can't backup to Time Capsule?

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.