Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Photos app/how to?

Is there a way to set up Photos so all originals are always kept on my mac? I do delete a lot of photos from my iPad and iPhone from time to time due to storage space constrains but I want to keep the pic on my mac.

Posted on Jul 30, 2015 7:02 AM

3 replies

Jul 30, 2015 7:08 AM in response to Barry Hemphill

So you are saying there is no option that i'm looking for. Sad. And also stupid. Such an obvious idea.

P.S. the whole point of me asking is that I wanna keep using iCloud sync. So pics are automatically transferred to my ipad and my mac. But i want to keep all them on my mac no matter if i delet any of them on other devices. Seriously sucn an obvious idea.

Jul 30, 2015 1:07 PM in response to Sosskokov

enable iCloud Photo Library on all devices - select to optimize photos on the IOS devices and to keep the originals on the Mac

But remember your library is on iCloud and any change made on and device (additions, deletions, edits, etc) is reflected on all devices - so all photos will be on all devices (smaller version of the optimized devices)

LN

Photos app/how to?

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.