Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Baterry

I have problem with battery charging. I have a iPhone 5s 16G with IOS 8.4

It takes too much time from about 70% to 100% something around 2 to 3 hours, however it rapidly charges from 1% to 60%

iPhone 5s, iOS 8.4

Posted on Jul 30, 2015 4:40 AM

9 replies

Jul 30, 2015 6:39 AM in response to a1364t

a1364t wrote:

I have problem with battery charging. I have a iPhone 5s 16G with IOS 8.4

It takes too much time from about 70% to 100% something around 2 to 3 hours, however it rapidly charges from 1% to 60%

That is by design. It charges at 1 amp until it reaches 70%, then slows down the charging rate gradually until it stops charging completely at 100%. It does this to avoid overcharging the battery.

Jul 30, 2015 7:42 AM in response to a1364t

Get rid of Battery Doctor. It causes more problems than it solves. iOS does an excellent job of battery management on its own.

You don't need to do anything to control your charging process and battery life. The built in charging circuit does a better job than any 3rd party app (battery doctor especially). Charge your phone when you want to, and, as I suggested earlier, charge the phone overnight while you sleep. That has the added advantage that you can turn on iCloud backup and it will back up your phone every night. It must be connected to power and WiFi for iCloud backup to work.

You should NOT routinely run the battery all the way down; that will shorten its life. It's OK occasionally if it gets low, but you should not make a habit of it.

Baterry

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.