Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

my iphone has lock active when i restore! i don't understand! Help me!:((

I get an iphone 4S from my brother ! after a period of use it was slow so I had to restore ; but when I activate then i can not because the account of someone ( n*****@yahoo.com ) ! I do not understand because my previous iphone iphone find my open and when I restore ! it does not ask anything! pls help me!

I'm Apple fan!

iPhone 4S, iOS 8.4, help me pls :((

Posted on Jul 30, 2015 6:44 AM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Jul 30, 2015 8:09 AM

Does your iphone screen look like this? -
User uploaded file
This means that a previous owner has set up Find My iPhone, which includes Activation Lock. If a second-hand iOS device has been 'Activation locked' then only the previous owner can unlock it, either by providing you with the account ID and password, or by removing it from his list of devices (as he should have done before selling it) - please see http://support.apple.com/kb/ts4515

If you are unable to contact him to do this then I'm afraid you will not be able to use the device - there is no other way of unlocking it at all. Apple cannot unlock it for you.

3 replies
Question marked as Best reply

Jul 30, 2015 8:09 AM in response to Mr. Thanhvn

Does your iphone screen look like this? -
User uploaded file
This means that a previous owner has set up Find My iPhone, which includes Activation Lock. If a second-hand iOS device has been 'Activation locked' then only the previous owner can unlock it, either by providing you with the account ID and password, or by removing it from his list of devices (as he should have done before selling it) - please see http://support.apple.com/kb/ts4515

If you are unable to contact him to do this then I'm afraid you will not be able to use the device - there is no other way of unlocking it at all. Apple cannot unlock it for you.

my iphone has lock active when i restore! i don't understand! Help me!:((

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.