Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

How to connect two laptop screens via thunderbolt cable

I have two macbook pro laptops.

One is a Macbook Pro Retina, 15-inch, Late 2013
Processor 2.6 GHz Intel Core i7
Memory 16GB 1600 MHz DDR3
OSX 10.9.5

and the second is a Macbook Pro, 15-inch, Late 2008

Processor 2.53 GHz Intel Core 2 Duo

Memory 4GB 1067 MHz DDR3

OSX 10.9.5

I have purchased a 2m thunderbolt cable, to which i have been told by the customer services at apple, that this cable once plugged in it would allow me to mirror screens or enlarge the screen size. By achieving this i should go to > System Preferences > Displays > and under displays the Options should be supplied. Unfortunately this doesn't happen and I was told that no software would need to be downloaded and i should join this chat and this should solve my issue?.
Slightly unhelpful...

All I'm looking to do is, connect these two laptops with the thunderbolt cable and enlarge the screen so I can drag and move windows via the two screens.

Could someone please help walk me through what i need to do in order to achieve this.

Kindest Regards.

Apple Customer.

MacBook Pro with Retina display, OS X Mavericks (10.9.5), connect to Macbook pro via thunderbolt cable

Posted on Jul 30, 2015 6:47 AM

There are no replies.

How to connect two laptop screens via thunderbolt cable

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.