Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

iTunes Match is not activated/purchased but iTunes says it is? How to get rid of iTunes match?

Hi there,

I've been experiencing some problems with my iTunes and iTunes Match; I have a Mac OS X 10.6.8, and I use the iTunes version 11.4. My iPhone 5c music library is a combination of iTunes purchased music and music just downloaded off the internet. I recently downloaded a load of tracks and when I opened iTunes and clicked on the music tab it showed this:

User uploaded file

I did some research as to turning iTunes Match off and all the solutions said to click on the 'Store' tab and simply select 'Turn Off iTunes Match,' however when I select the Store tab it shows this:

User uploaded file

It's almost funny how one part of iTunes is saying to turn it on when another part says it's already on.

I checked my iPhone settings and the only thing mentioning iTunes Match was the option under the 'Music' tab saying 'Subscribe to iTunes Match.'

So, I'm fairly confused as to why my Mac's iTunes seems to say I've turned iTunes Match on when before coming across the first image I'd never even heard of it. I would really like help as to how to turn off this iTune Match thing and get back to where I have freedom to add whatever music I want to my iPhone.

Hope that all makes sense!

iPhone 5c, Mac OS X (10.6.8)

Posted on Jul 30, 2015 6:22 AM

There are no replies.

iTunes Match is not activated/purchased but iTunes says it is? How to get rid of iTunes match?

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.