Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Could "location services" cause problems with WiFi connection on iPhone?

Since I moved to a new office location in Nov 2014, I've suffered very poor wifi connection on both my iPhone 4 and iPhone 5C. Many others also reported similar issues with their iPhones. The symptoms are that the connection drops even when not roaming and actually using the phone and it takes a while to re-establish and this happened very frequently.

I've tried all sorts of things including few iOS upgrades (currently on 8.4 on my iPhone 5c) and resetting network connections etc. All along I've blamed my employer for the very poor service but their investigations never identified any issues on their wifi solution.

Everything changed today when a colleague with the same problem told me that by disabling the location services he has managed to resolve the wifi issue. I tried that reluctantly but hey presto the issue is resolved.😮

Now the question is why? Is this a bug? Is apple going to provide a fix?

Regards

iPhone 5c, iOS 8.4

Posted on Jul 30, 2015 7:35 AM

There are no replies.

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.