Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Help with iPad recovery

Hi,

I upgraded my iPad mini 2 yesterday and after restarting, it prompts for a passcode which I have disabled a year ago. After too many failed attempts, my iPad got disabled. Sadly😟, it been months that I have used backup and hence could not use recovery option either from iTunes or iCloud. The only option that remains is to use "Restore my iPad"option BUT I don't want to lose my photos/videos.

1. Is there any option that I can still enable my iPad without losing its contents (and without extracting from backups)?
  2. If I use the "Restore"option and reset my iPad to factory settings, is there a way to recover deleted photos ( either using third party software or through apple team) ?
  3. And if possible, please list some genuine recovery software that actually has worked for you

Waiting for help and thank you,

anshan

iPad Mini, iOS 8.2, Model A1489

Posted on Jul 30, 2015 9:13 AM

1 reply

Jul 30, 2015 10:51 AM in response to anshan17

If it's showing the disabled screen then it's too late to take a new backup and/or copy any content off it. You will need to reset it back to factory defaults, and preferably not restore to a backup if you want to try using recovery software (restoring to a backup may result in more storage being overwritten) - I haven't used any recovery programs so I can't suggest one, but you could try doing a search and see if any have a trial version (to see what they could recover if you bought the full version).

Help with iPad recovery

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.