Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

iPhone 6 home button won't wake up screen

I have had the iPhone 6 since it was first released and lately I've been having more issues with it. Twice in the last week, when I go to check the time or what not, I push the home screen and it wont light up. I then try the on/off button and nothing happens. It's like it's turned off. It takes about 2-5 minutes for it to finally work again. I've also noticed little glitches in the screen as well where it flashes so fast you almost don't notice it. How do I fix this?!

iPhone 6, iOS 8.4

Posted on Jul 30, 2015 6:29 AM

1 reply

Aug 1, 2015 6:24 AM in response to brittani1887

Hello there, brittani1887.

It sounds like you're having issues with your iPhone 6 not responding. The following Knowledge Base article offers up some great recommendations for troubleshooting:

If your iPhone, iPad, or iPod touch doesn't respond or doesn't turn on - Apple Support

Start with these steps:

If your screen is black or frozen

First, try to force your device to restart.

• Forcing your device to restart won't erase the content currently on your device.
  • You can force your device to restart even if your screen is black or your buttons aren't responding.

Press and hold the Sleep/Wake and Home buttons at the same time for at least 10 seconds until you see the Apple logo.

Thanks for reaching out to Apple Support Communities.

Cheers.

iPhone 6 home button won't wake up screen

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.