Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

How do i stop Aperture automatically importing Raw files?

I have Aperture set to automatically import raw files from memory cards. I would like to stop this but do not know how to?

PowerBook, Mac OS X (10.5.8)

Posted on Jul 30, 2015 8:46 AM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Jul 30, 2015 4:14 PM

Are you shooting RAW + JPEG?

7 replies

Jul 31, 2015 4:26 AM in response to shiftworker

Automatic import to Aperture is enabled in Image Capture.

From the Image Capture Help:

1. Connect your device/card to your computer, then turn the device on.If the device is locked with a passcode, enter it.
  2. In Image Capture, select the device in the Devices list.
  3. Use the buttons at the bottom of the Image Capture window to view the thumbnails as a list (User uploaded file) or to see larger thumbnails (User uploaded file), or to rotate (User uploaded file) or delete (User uploaded file) images.Drag the slider in the lower-right corner of the window to change the thumbnail size.
  4. Click the Import To pop-up menu, then choose where to save the images or which app to use to open the image.
  5. To import only some of the photos, select those photos, then click Import. To import all the photos, click Import All.
    • To automatically transfer images from your device to your computer whenever you connect it to your computer, click the Show Hide button User uploaded file in the lower-left corner of the window. Click the “Connecting this device opens” pop-up menu, then choose AutoImporter.
    • To remove items from the device after transferring them to your computer, select Delete after Import in the lower-left corner of the window.

Jul 31, 2015 5:44 AM in response to léonie

Thanks for reply Lèonie,

i do not use image capture to import to Aperture.

I use Import directly from Aperture to extract images from memory card which is installed in the card reader built in to my computer.

When i install the memory card into card reader and click the first image Aperture automatically starts. It is this automatic start up of Aperture i wish to stop.

Jul 31, 2015 6:36 AM in response to shiftworker

i do not use image capture to import to Aperture.

The settings in Image Capture determine, which application is automatically opening and importing the images. You do not launch Image Capture for importing, but it is where you set the options which application will launch when you connect a camera and if the import is automatic.

How do i stop Aperture automatically importing Raw files?

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.