Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Disable or DELETE (DESTROY) the pesky caption track embedded in a QUICKTIME

Somehow, my quicktimes have an embedded caption track that follows my file where ever it goes. I am aware of the do not include caption files upon import in Premiere, but sharing projects, the virus has penetrated. Problem is my clips are now used in many sequences and every time I drop the source in another sequence I get a second layer of video being my caption file. Also, the caption windows springs into my face impossible to avoid. My clips do not even contain a valid caption file therefore coming up blank as well. Since the latest version of Premiere, it now layers the caption window on top of the clip when reviewing it in the source monitor coming up offline. This is killing my workflow, on a major project and desperate for a solution. Please HELP!!!!! An old version of Quicktime Plus gave us a properties window that gave us the option to toggle the caption off or any other track for the matter permanently. I need that option.

QUICKTIME-OTHER, OS X Yosemite (10.10.4)

Posted on Jul 30, 2015 8:21 AM

1 reply

Disable or DELETE (DESTROY) the pesky caption track embedded in a QUICKTIME

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.