Want to highlight a helpful answer? Upvote!

Did someone help you, or did an answer or User Tip resolve your issue? Upvote by selecting the upvote arrow. Your feedback helps others! Learn more about when to upvote >

Newsroom Update

Apple is introducing a new Apple Watch Pride Edition Braided Solo Loop, matching watch face, and dynamic iOS and iPadOS wallpapers as a way to champion global movements to protect and advance equality for LGBTQ+ communities. Learn more >

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Locked to EE networks only

i got a contract from phones4u, along with my ex-partners iPhone contract. I had it for a while and the phone was faulty so I took it back to phones4u and they changed it through the insurance I had. Nearly a year later I moved to Egypt and separated from my partner and I wated to unlock the phone. I paid the contract off and they agreed to unlock it. They then said that the IME number is not the correct one, and when my ex contact phines4u they said they do not have any record of changing the phone. So EE wouldn't unlock it. Any suggestions? As I live in Egypt I can not walk into an Apple Store or call them :/

Posted on Jul 30, 2015 7:46 AM

1 reply

Jul 30, 2015 8:14 AM in response to JClark94

Since EE and all UK Carriers need to see the iPhone they are requesting to be unlocked active on their network by a customer ,contract or PAYG

You appear too be in a cul de sac

With Phnes4U gone you will get no help there and EE clearly won't help

You could try AppleCare in UK and they may have a record as in theory your faulty iPhone should have been exchanged with Apple by whoever ,the Insurance Co or P4U but no guarantee that they correct procedure was followed

Apple cannot unlock your current iPhone for you that is the right of EE and only EE

AppleCare UK

United Kingdom

0800 107 6285

Locked to EE networks only

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.