Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

How to get mail to show photos of contactsj

Hi

Some my contacts have a photo attached to them, how can I get the photo to show up next to the name when an e-mail comes in.

Thanks

iPad, iOS 8.4

Posted on Jul 30, 2015 8:33 AM

3 replies

Aug 1, 2015 8:49 AM in response to indiggirl123

Hello indiggirl123,

Thanks for visiting Apple Support Communities.

It sounds like you want your contact's picture to appear next to an email sender's name on your iPad.

If you're using Mail on your iPad, make sure the email address and picture have been added to the same contact card in Contacts on your iPad.

For help with editing contacts, see Contacts at a glance - iPad User Guide.

If you have multiple contact entries for the same person (for example an iCloud and a Gmail address), merge them using the steps in Unify contacts - iPad User Guide.

Best Regards.

Aug 1, 2015 11:40 AM in response to jeremy_v

HI Jeremy

Thanks for your reply. I do have the photo added to the contact card, and the e-mail addresses merged to one contact card, and I am using Mail. Oddly when I pick up e-mails on my iMac the photos appear.

Do you have any other thoughts on why the contact photo is not showing up? It does not really matter, just that my pretty basic phone (not an iPhone) shows up the relevant photo so I'm surprised that my iPad doesn't.

Best wishes

Aug 2, 2015 2:36 PM in response to indiggirl123

Hi indiggirl123,

Thank you for your reply.

It sounds like you have Contacts set up correctly but the pictures still don't show up on your iPad, although they appear on your iMac.

Due to the nature of the issue, you may find more information by using another one of Apple's support resources - https://getsupport.apple.com/GetproductgroupList.action.

Best Regards.

How to get mail to show photos of contactsj

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.