Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Free app download question. total noob here ....

How do you know if an app is free? There is no price on the app icon, so I' assuming it is free. (roof pitch factor) (Pitch gauge) when I try to download it my old shut down credit card info comes up. Naturally it tells me the card is no good and wants new info. Is the app free or not?? Why does it want credit card/billing info?

Posted on Jul 30, 2015 9:17 AM

1 reply

Jul 30, 2015 9:22 AM in response to dtl762

If it shows 'get' instead of a price button then it is free to download (some apps may be free to download, but then allow in-app purchases to be made, and/or auto-renewing subscriptions to be taken out).

If you have a credit card on your account then it has to be valid, including when downloading free items. You should be able to log into your account (e.g. by tapping on your id in Settings > iTunes & App Store on an iOS device ; Account > View Account on a computer's iTunes ; or enter your new card's details when trying to download the app) and remove the old card : Change or remove your Apple ID payment information in the iTunes Store - Apple Support

Free app download question. total noob here ....

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.