Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

iPad mini will not back up to iCloud

I keep getting an erro message that I need to back up to iCloud by having access to WiFi and restarting my iPad. I have met both conditions but still cannot backup as expected. And, when I go to iTunes all I can see is that the last time I backed up to iCloud is 6/30/2015. What is the problem???

iPad

Posted on Jul 30, 2015 9:10 AM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Jul 30, 2015 10:48 AM

Automatic iCloud backups should happen when the iPad is connected to power, connected to wifi, and the screen is locked (i.e. the iPad is in sleep mode). You can also force a backup via (assuming that your iPad is on iOS 8) Settings > iCloud > Backup > Back Up Now

3 replies

Jul 30, 2015 11:09 AM in response to Ray_J

I've been experiencing both issues, too. Nothing I did made any difference. Neither the automatic backup or the manual, forced backup that King_Penguin is (rightly) suggesting, did anything.

The problem resolved itself late yesterday, so I assume the issue was at Apple's end. Try again using KP's direction. In the meantime, just so you do have fresh backups, use iTunes to make a local encrypted backup.

iPad mini will not back up to iCloud

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.