Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

icloud and old photos

I upgraded to iphone 6 plus a few months ago. Everything synced over from my old phone ( 700+ pics and everything). I turned on icloud under settings. Then under photos I turned on the icloud photo library and synced all my photos to icloud. then all of my old photos from my photo stream (from my old phone) dissapeared and there is no more photo stream folder under my picture icon. but the upload to my photo stream option is activated. I want to get all of my photos back to my phone! Can anyone help me?

They do all show up on my MAC computer if that helps.

Kelli

iPhone 6 Plus, iOS 8.4

Posted on Jul 30, 2015 8:33 AM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Aug 1, 2015 9:03 AM

Hey Kelli,
I understand that you would like to get the photos from your My Photo Stream on your iPhone. That is something that I can help you with but let me explain why you do not see your My Photo Stream any further.
When you turned on iCloud Photo Library, it organizes your photo library to have everything one place. Your My Photo Stream will only show up in places that do not have iCloud Photo Library turned on. Now, the only way that I know to upload photos to your iCloud Photo library based on what you have is going to be at iCloud.com. Take a look at the article below for more information as well as the steps that I have outlined for uploading photos to iCloud.com.
Get help with your iCloud Photo Library
https://support.apple.com/en-us/ht204570

OS X Mavericks and earlier or Windows

You can upload JPEG photos using the Photos app on iCloud.com:

1. Sign in to iCloud with the same Apple ID you use for iCloud Photo Library.
  2. Click iCloud Photo Library.
  3. Click Upload.
  4. Select the photos you want to upload.
  5. Click OK.

Take it easy

1 reply
Question marked as Best reply

Aug 1, 2015 9:03 AM in response to Nurse Kelli

Hey Kelli,
I understand that you would like to get the photos from your My Photo Stream on your iPhone. That is something that I can help you with but let me explain why you do not see your My Photo Stream any further.
When you turned on iCloud Photo Library, it organizes your photo library to have everything one place. Your My Photo Stream will only show up in places that do not have iCloud Photo Library turned on. Now, the only way that I know to upload photos to your iCloud Photo library based on what you have is going to be at iCloud.com. Take a look at the article below for more information as well as the steps that I have outlined for uploading photos to iCloud.com.
Get help with your iCloud Photo Library
https://support.apple.com/en-us/ht204570

OS X Mavericks and earlier or Windows

You can upload JPEG photos using the Photos app on iCloud.com:

1. Sign in to iCloud with the same Apple ID you use for iCloud Photo Library.
  2. Click iCloud Photo Library.
  3. Click Upload.
  4. Select the photos you want to upload.
  5. Click OK.

Take it easy

icloud and old photos

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.