Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Mac iTunes More Button (three dots icon) only works sometimes

Background:

• iTunes 12.2.1.16
  • Yosemite 10.10.4 on an iMac from mid 2011
  • I have an Apple Music account.
  • I'm quite competent at working with software interfaces (in other words, I'm pretty sure it's not user error).
  • A restart of the software and of the Mac did not help.

Issue:

User uploaded file

I've found that the More button (pictured above - it's an icon with 3 dots that appears next to artist, song, or album names) is very flakey and only provides all the options that it should some of the time. The button should always open a menu like that shown below.

User uploaded file

However, it's more common that I get the following menu when clicking the More button:

User uploaded file

The two above screenshots were taken from the same section of the same artist page, just different albums. What's even weirder is how I managed to get that first menu to appear correctly. It's a matter of more flakiness. Here's what I did:

1. I searched for an artist that I've never visited in iTunes before, then I went to that artist's page.
  2. Some of the More buttons work correctly and some don't. I found an album where the menu was not working, and then I clicked to open that album's page.
  3. I then hit the back navigation to return to the artist page. The More button now works for the album I just visited, but it still doesn't work for the albums I haven't visited.

As you can imagine, this is frustrating and makes it difficult to navigate iTunes and add music to my library.

Has anyone else had this issue? Does anyone know of a fix? Can I, and how should I, report this to Apple?

Thanks!

iMac, OS X Yosemite (10.10.4)

Posted on Jul 30, 2015 7:57 AM

There are no replies.

Mac iTunes More Button (three dots icon) only works sometimes

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.