Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

purchased music gone: HELP!!!

Since today I have lost all music purchased after february 2011. They do not appear in any of my playlists. However, the titles seem to be still on my harddisk in the music folder. Also, the thumbnails in the header of the playlists still display album covers. If I were able to import the titles into my library I am afraid to loose all the playlist from more than four years, this is totally unaccaptable!

PLEASE CAN ANYONE HELP

I use iTunes 12.2.1.16 on a Mac mini (late 2012) with OSX 10.10.4

Mac mini, OS X Mountain Lion (10.8.3)

Posted on Jul 30, 2015 9:48 AM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Jul 30, 2015 10:12 AM

JUST SOLVED:

I replaced the "iTunes Library.itl" file in the iTunes folder via Time Machine. Initially this did not work. But when deleting the file called "iTunes Music Library.xml" from the same folder, everything was ok after launching iTunes. The xml file was in no backup before the problem arose. Therefore, I could not replace it and just tried to delete it.

I have no idea what happened to iTunes and this certainly improved my confidence. However, the problem is solved...

1 reply
Question marked as Best reply

Jul 30, 2015 10:12 AM in response to KinoViel

JUST SOLVED:

I replaced the "iTunes Library.itl" file in the iTunes folder via Time Machine. Initially this did not work. But when deleting the file called "iTunes Music Library.xml" from the same folder, everything was ok after launching iTunes. The xml file was in no backup before the problem arose. Therefore, I could not replace it and just tried to delete it.

I have no idea what happened to iTunes and this certainly improved my confidence. However, the problem is solved...

purchased music gone: HELP!!!

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.