Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Where can I find a new OEM Apple battery for a late 2009 Macbook

Battery in my late 2009 unibody Macbook is at: SERVICE BATTERY now. Looking for a replacement that is an Authentic Apple battery. I tried a generic one a few years ago in my older macbook, and didn't last more than 6 months. I see a bunch of 3rd party batteries, Anker, Key Power and those sold on eBay listed as OEM Apple branded batteries. Anyone have any experiences with any of thee

MacBook (13-inch Late 2009), OS X Mavericks (10.9.5)

Posted on Jul 30, 2015 9:44 AM

2 replies

Jul 30, 2015 10:48 AM in response to Ron R

Apple does not sell batteries for that model except to authorized service providers. If you want a genuine Apple battery, take your computer to an Apple Store. The price includes installation.

We don't know where you are in the world, but here is Apple's US pricing for notebooks with batteries not considered user-serviceable:

User uploaded file

This policy has led to a proliferation of counterfeit batteries for MacBook Pros. If you try buying a battery outside the Apple supply line, the chances are high that you will get a bogus product that doesn't work.

Where can I find a new OEM Apple battery for a late 2009 Macbook

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.