Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Which is better, unplug my iphone once fully charged, or leave it plugged in?

Hi all,

I have a question regarding an Iphone, and it's battery consumption. For years, I have been charging my phone overnight (this phone and others), without an issue from a battery perspective. From what people are telling me, this is not the correct way to charge your phone for maximum battery relaibility.

I have heard from different people that below as all the best options, but I do not know which is correct.

1 - it is best to remove the phone from the charger as soon as it's complete

2 - It is best to leave your device on the charger for a short time after it's fully charged so the battery can keep it's charge.

3 - Do not remove the device from the charger mid-way through it's charging because it will reduce it's ability to keep a charge over the long run.

4 - Charge the phone as needed because of the Lithium Ion technology (my option)

I see on the apple website that #4 is the best option. I just want to see what the actual users are saying on this subject.

Thx,

John

iPhone 5s, iOS 8.4

Posted on Jul 30, 2015 8:26 AM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Jul 30, 2015 8:28 AM

1: No reason to do so.

2: There is no reason to do so, but doing so will not harm the battery

3: Not true. It was the case with older technology batteries, but is not the case with Lithium based batteries.

4: Charge at any time, for any amount of time.

3 replies

Which is better, unplug my iphone once fully charged, or leave it plugged in?

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.