Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Apple TV is not not recognising my correct apple user id and correct password

Apple TV, OS X Yosemite (10.10.4)

Posted on Jul 30, 2015 10:03 AM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Jul 30, 2015 11:33 AM

What is the error message that you are getting when you are trying to sign in to your account?

If you try to sign in to your account via appleid.apple.com/signin can you manage your informations or do you get sign in errors?

5 replies

Jul 31, 2015 6:16 AM in response to iW00

Hi

Thanks for your answer; I reset the Apple TV, sing the General Settings Menu, and this cured this problem, but I had to reset again a few minutes later; Its working now; The Apple User ID and the password I was using on this new box were correct, the machine did not recognise them.; no idea why not but its fixed in any case

Thanks again

May 24, 2016 6:13 PM in response to grahamfromchester

same issue. For some strange reason, the AppleTV prompted me for my id and password. After googling a solution for the two-step verification, I entered my password once, to force the verification code on my phone, and then (one painful click at a time), re-entered the password followed by the 6 digit code. That worked fine for iCloud, but iTunes kept saying wrong ID or Password. I then tried one of the posted suggestions, and reset the appleTV. Now iCloud, iTunes and HomeSharing all claim that my ID and Password are incorrect - Yet, on my iMac, I can access my account just fine.

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.