Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Macbook Pro running slow, battery dies in sleep after an hour.

Hi,

Over the past few days my Macbook Pro (13 inch, mid 2012, running Yosemite) has gone from working normally, to taking a very long time to boot, working very slowly (for example Netflix constantly freezing despite no issues with the wifi - even videos bought and downloaded from iTunes won't play properly), freezing constantly, and completely discharging from a full charge whilst in sleep mode in just over an hour.

I've ran all the diagnostics and checked all of the things that searches on Google have suggested could be the problem, and all have turned up fine. I also run Windows 7 through Bootcamp, and whilst that loads significantly quicker than the Yosemite partition, I am still experiencing issues, and I'm assuming (perhaps wrongly, I know very little about computers) that this points towards a hardware rather than a software issue.

I have not downloaded any new software that could be causing the new problems - the only change has been that I have been in Europe as opposed to the U.K. where it has been very hot (around 40 degrees a day, in a building with no air conditioning), and I was wondering if that could have caused the issues? If not, do you have any suggestions as to what it could be?

Thanks,

Megan

MacBook Pro (13-inch Mid 2012), OS X Yosemite (10.10.4)

Posted on Jul 30, 2015 9:17 AM

1 reply

Macbook Pro running slow, battery dies in sleep after an hour.

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.