Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

What should I buy

Hi, so I have a 13" macbook pro( mid 2012) and it is kind of slow( about 50 seconds to open I movie) and I want to upgrade.

So I want retina display, storage is not a main issue( 256 and up should be fine) and I want it to launch apps fast and stop not responding. I want it to be light.

So I thought I would get the new macbook. It looks good has a good amount of memory and ram and it launches apps pretty fast.

My only concern is the processor.

I mean my macbook pro is core i5 2.5 GHz and the Macbook is a core M 1.1 GHz. So will that be a big problem?

Will it be slower than my old macbook because of the processor?

OS X Yosemite (10.10.4)

Posted on Jul 30, 2015 9:34 AM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Jul 30, 2015 9:38 AM

The processor is going to be slower, especially if you do anything that is computationally intense. Things like photo or video editing use a lot of cpu power, also games, among other things. If you are only using it to surf the web or watch videos, not much difference.

3 replies

Jul 30, 2015 11:00 AM in response to ruby135

Personally I would stay far far away from the 2015 Macbook. And instead, opt to upgrade your current MBP with an SSD, and more RAM if you have not done so. The mobile processor in the MacBook is simply very under-powered for anything but the most basic of tasks: Email, web browsing, and some document creation

Also slowness of your MBP can be due to many things. Including old Apps, malware, lack of ram.... An Etrecheck report should be useful in determining what is causing the slowness.

What should I buy

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.