Want to highlight a helpful answer? Upvote!

Did someone help you, or did an answer or User Tip resolve your issue? Upvote by selecting the upvote arrow. Your feedback helps others! Learn more about when to upvote >

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

How do I get Apple to stop texting me?

I was asked to verify my identity via a texted code, but the texts won't stop. I texted STOP and received the message that I would no longer receive text messages from Apple, but they're still coming. Help! Has anyone else had this experience? What did you do?

iPhone 6 Plus, iOS 8.3, 64GB

Posted on Jul 30, 2015 9:14 AM

5 replies

Jul 30, 2015 6:21 PM in response to Lawrence Finch

I think I was incomplete in my description of the texts I was receiving. I had my iPhone 6 plus replaced and had to go through verifying my identity. I selected to use text at my cell number as my verification method. Apple sent me the verification code number 3100 and I entered it. Everything was fine. Then I received another text with the same number 3100. Then I received another text, and another text, and anoth, and another and 7 more for a grand total of 11 including the original text. I texted "STOP" after the 9th text and received the message "Apple ID Verification: You have been unsubscribed and will no longer receive messages 1800MYAPPLE" After that I received the last 2 "Your Apple ID Verification Code is: 3100 texts.

How do I get Apple to stop texting me?

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.