Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

How do I set my default search engine to google.co.uk when using Safari's address bar?

How do I set my default search engine to google.co.uk when using Safari's address bar?

The only option offered in Safari's 'Search' preferences is for 'Google' generally. This means when I perform a search in the address bar it takes me to results from the .com site which means I get results from America as well as everywhere else. This is no good for me generally, especially when I am at work. Trying to order architectural products from a completely different country is not very cost effective! I know if you search from the local google website (i.e. google.co.uk) it is possible to filter results by location. This is why I would like to able to set my local google.co.uk website as the default browser search engine rather than traveling to google.co.uk every time I want to perform a search.

Thanks for your help

Tim

iMac, OS X Yosemite (10.10.4)

Posted on Jul 30, 2015 9:38 AM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Jul 30, 2015 11:27 AM

Google.com automatically takes me to another Google site

1 reply

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.