Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

How to fix "missing" AppleTV in Remote App

Hi--

I've been having problems getting my AppleTV (7.2) to show up on the Remote App (4.2.2) on iOS 8 (8.4). I would add the AppleTV but all I saw was a greyed out AppleTV icon without the name under it. This was happening to me for months, and the help articles that I found did not help, many of them said to log out and then log back into Home Sharing, but that option had disappeared under Music, where it used to be.

I solved the problem!

There's an option to log out / in of Home Sharing in the Videos setting. (Settings:Videos:Home Sharing)

All you need to do is log out, log back in, pow! Your Apple TV will show up. (I had two because I had paired the App so many times, but that was easy enough to fix.)

It's a pity that when I did a search for Home Sharing in the Spotlight search, I only got web links, but maybe I have spotlight configured incorrectly.

Anyway, that's how you fix that problem.

Apple TV (3rd generation), OS X Yosemite (10.10.4), iPad, iPhone 6, AppleTV

Posted on Jul 30, 2015 9:47 AM

There are no replies.

How to fix "missing" AppleTV in Remote App

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.