Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Best basic stand alone editor app?

Hello lovely Logic people,

I'm a seasoned Logic veteran of 20 years and have used all sorts of stand alone audio editors in my time. What do you all favour these days? In the bad old days Logic worked with Protools Hardware and Digidesign had a great simple stereo audio editor called Sound Designer (early 90's) ... then there was Bias Peak ... Sound Studio ... Audacity .... what's the best "go to" stand alone audio editor app these days? I presume editing mp3 / m4v / WAV / AIFF etc is standard but does anyone cut 5.1 interleaved WAV outside of Logic? (the 5.1 thought is just a query and expect that's not de rigueur?)

Many thanks for any help

Bestest

Richard

Posted on Jul 30, 2015 10:10 AM

6 replies

Jul 30, 2015 11:41 AM in response to Pancenter

Thanks Pancenter ... flip .. that's an amazingly comprehensive piece of kit. Wavelab's plugins have a great solid history too. I bet that's some amazing great tool. Having said that it's got quite a high price ticket .... I bet it's worth every penny but perhaps I'd be expecting to do much of the work that the Wavelab 8.5 does in Logic? I'm probably looking for a more basic stripped down audio editor that works with finished audio but many thanks for mentioning this incredible tool.

Best basic stand alone editor app?

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.