Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

can I download older versions of apps

I have an ipod 4th gen. Saftware says it is ios6.1.6. All the apps I try to download say I need a system update, when I look on my ipod, it says my system is up to date. Can I down load older versions of some of the apps so that they would work on my ipod?

iPod touch, iOS 6.0.1

Posted on Jul 30, 2015 10:49 AM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Jul 30, 2015 12:06 PM

It depends upon the developer of the app. If the app is free then download the current version on your computer's iTunes so that it's in your purchase history, and then in the Purchased tab in the App Store app on your iPod see if you can download an older compatible version of the app - if you can you should see something like :

User uploaded file

If the app is paid-for then check with the developer first, don't buy it and then find that they don't support downloading older compatible versions.

1 reply
Question marked as Best reply

Jul 30, 2015 12:06 PM in response to gloriakruzic

It depends upon the developer of the app. If the app is free then download the current version on your computer's iTunes so that it's in your purchase history, and then in the Purchased tab in the App Store app on your iPod see if you can download an older compatible version of the app - if you can you should see something like :

User uploaded file

If the app is paid-for then check with the developer first, don't buy it and then find that they don't support downloading older compatible versions.

can I download older versions of apps

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.