Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Google Docs on ipad

I am running OS-X Yosemite Ver. 10.10.2 and Numbers 2.3. I have Spreadsheet that I have put on Google Docs and am unable to open on my iPad. Says the file type is not supported.

The iPad is running iOS 8.4.

Any suggestions? I am not tech savvy

Thanks

Ann

iPad, iOS 8.4, Model MC769LL/A

Posted on Jul 30, 2015 9:33 AM

17 replies

Jul 30, 2015 6:51 PM in response to moonstruck1008

Hi moonstruck,

the Numbers 3 revision was focused on getting OS X and iOS playing well together. I don't know how attached you are to '09, I know it has some hardcore fans. You can keep both on your Mac. While I can open a Numbers '09 file on my iPod iOS 8.4 using Numbers 2.5.4 it cannot be opened with '09 back on the Mac without exporting from 3.5.

Sorry to be of no help regarding google docs.

quinn

Jul 31, 2015 3:02 AM in response to moonstruck1008

moonstruck1008 wrote:

I thought the purpose of google docs was to be able to see a file from a variety of devices.

Have you consulted the help for google docs? If you have problems, it's best to ask on their forums, apple is not involved.

https://support.google.com/docs/answer/6000288?hl=en

https://support.google.com/docs/answer/2755803?hl=en

Jul 31, 2015 5:03 AM in response to Kilgore-Trout

Kilgore-Trout wrote:

I know, but "things" being file formats its viewer can support, hence the "unsupported file format" the user is getting. Although this has more to do with the UI environment (i.e. app being used) than the Google doc service itself, there are very few third party app that will open iWorks files.

Very few?

I can't think of any.

Jul 31, 2015 5:29 AM in response to Csound1

Csound1 wrote:

Kilgore-Trout wrote:

I know, but "things" being file formats its viewer can support, hence the "unsupported file format" the user is getting. Although this has more to do with the UI environment (i.e. app being used) than the Google doc service itself, there are very few third party app that will open iWorks files.

Very few?

I can't think of any.

Actually neither can I. None of the apps I currently run can.

Google Docs on ipad

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.