Newsroom Update

Apple is introducing a new Apple Watch Pride Edition Braided Solo Loop, matching watch face, and dynamic iOS and iPadOS wallpapers as a way to champion global movements to protect and advance equality for LGBTQ+ communities. Learn more >

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

When I plug my Iphone 5 into my Mac it cycles through repeated attempts to sync with Itunes, how do I correct this? It seems to disconnect the Iphone and then not recogni

My Iphone 5 cycles through multiple attempts to connect with Itunes but does not stay connected. I cannot back-up my Iphone as Itunes tells me it is disconnected. I've downloaded the most recent version of Itunes to my Mac and am running OS X Yosemite Version 10.10.4

iPhone 5s, iOS 8.3

Posted on Jul 30, 2015 10:39 AM

1 reply

Aug 1, 2015 10:48 AM in response to namasteman

Hello namasteman,

So your iPhone connects to iTunes but disconnects during sync. With that issue please check out the following article.

If there's an issue with the USB connection to your device, you might see an alert message like "iPhone has timed out" or "error 9" or your device might unexpectedly disconnect when syncing.

Resolve USB-related alerts in iTunes - Apple Support

Take care

When I plug my Iphone 5 into my Mac it cycles through repeated attempts to sync with Itunes, how do I correct this? It seems to disconnect the Iphone and then not recogni

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.