Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

OS X 10.7.5 upgrade to 10.9

I'm using a Mac Pro, OS X 10.7.5. Where can I get OS X 10.9 system software?

Mac Pro, Mac OS X (10.7.5)

Posted on Jul 30, 2015 10:11 AM

5 replies

Sep 3, 2015 2:27 PM in response to Ralph Landry1

The matter is more complicated than it looks. I have a MacPro 2008, purchased from Apple in late February 2008, qualifying the computer, I suppose, as an Early 2008. Early 2008 MacPro's are listed by Apple as fulfilling the requirement for upgrading to Mountain Lion, Maverick or Yosemite. I have actually purchased Mountain Lion (paid $19.99), Mavericks and Yosemite from Apple Store but when attempting to download, the message appears that the download is incompatible with the computer.

Sure, I will probably get a refund but that does not begin to satisfy my need for upgrading from 10.7.5, not least because credit card companies such as American Express no longer allow MacPro owners access to their subscriber accounts unless their machines have been upgraded to OSX 10.10.1.

Likewise, my MacPro cannot download the latest iTunes software unless I upgrade to 10.10. At least one Apple representative suggested I just buy a new MacPro. Hmm..sweet.

OS X 10.7.5 upgrade to 10.9

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.