Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

i have forgotten my user account password, what should i do ?

plzz help about my question

MacBook Air (13-inch, Early 2015), iOS 8.4

Posted on Jul 30, 2015 10:55 AM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Jul 30, 2015 10:59 AM

Assuming you are talking about the 2015 MacBook Air, restart and hold the Command and R keys. When it has restarted, from the Utilities drop down menu choose Terminal, and when Terminal opens type EXACTLY:

resetpassword

and press Enter. When the Reset Password window opens, select the internal drive, and then the user, and then type a new password twice. Then Save and accept the next dialog window that opens. Lower right of the Reset Password window apply the reset of user home directory permissions. Go to the apple left side of the menu bar, Restart.

5 replies
Question marked as Best reply

Jul 30, 2015 10:59 AM in response to humafromlahore

Assuming you are talking about the 2015 MacBook Air, restart and hold the Command and R keys. When it has restarted, from the Utilities drop down menu choose Terminal, and when Terminal opens type EXACTLY:

resetpassword

and press Enter. When the Reset Password window opens, select the internal drive, and then the user, and then type a new password twice. Then Save and accept the next dialog window that opens. Lower right of the Reset Password window apply the reset of user home directory permissions. Go to the apple left side of the menu bar, Restart.

i have forgotten my user account password, what should i do ?

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.