Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

I am having trouble with new set up of FileVault. It says it is paused and I should plug in power adapter. I have and it is still paused.

I am a new Mac Book Air user. I was setting up the system and it asked if I wanted to use FileVault. I did and began the process. I am well into the process and a message was displayed saying that I needed to plug in the power adapter to resume encryption. The power adapter was plugged in and now it just seems to be hung up.

MacBook Air

Posted on Jul 30, 2015 11:21 AM

1 reply

Jul 30, 2015 1:19 PM in response to Glongcoy

The warranty entitles you to complimentary phone support for the first 90 days of ownership.

If you bought the product in the U.S. directly from Apple (not from a reseller), you have 14 days from the date of delivery in which to exchange or return it for a refund. In other countries, the return policy may be different. If you bought from a reseller, its return policy applies.

I am having trouble with new set up of FileVault. It says it is paused and I should plug in power adapter. I have and it is still paused.

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.