Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Sync with iPod

HI, I just bought my son a iPad mini 2 for his birthday. I was going to set it up with his iTunes and iCloud account that he uses on his iPod touch for him before I give it to him Saturday. I thought it would sync all his games and apps from his iPod but it has not. Is it possible to do this and save his game progress or will he have to start his games all over?

iPad mini 2 Wi-Fi, iOS 8.4

Posted on Jul 30, 2015 11:19 AM

3 replies

Jul 30, 2015 12:00 PM in response to Crazywesc

Syncing games between iPad and iPod touch is absolutely possible, as long as you use the same computer and the same Apple ID, which you are doing.

If the iPod is any other model than iPod touch, it uses a different operating system and the games are not compatible. All other info, including music, should transfer/sync fromi Tunes to the new iPod.

Jul 31, 2015 6:21 PM in response to Crazywesc

So syncing the games from iTunes on the computer onto the iPad didn't work. It didn't keep any saves or progress. I tried to copy the save files from the iPod using iexplorer but i found out since iOS 8.4 that is no longer possible using iexplore. I just don't understand how everything on Apple devices is so simplified except syncing your games from one device to another using the same Apple ID. It seems like everything else transferred via iCloud just fine except his apps and games.

Does anybody else have any ideas?

Sync with iPod

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.