Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

iTunes Top 25 Most Played never updates!

I used to like using the iTunes playlist 'Top 25 Most Played' because it was always a good collection of songs that were my favourites off each album, but it doesn't seem to ever update and hasn't done so for over a year. I can tell it's incorrect by going onto my full iTunes playlist of songs and sort them by play count and the list is completely different.

I've checked other forums and I can't find how to fix this anywhere or why it's happening. If anyone has had the same problem and knows how to enable this playlist to update, I'd love to hear from you.

Thanks.

MacBook Pro, OS X Yosemite (10.10.4), null

Posted on Jul 30, 2015 12:12 PM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Jul 30, 2015 1:59 PM

Bazola, a simple fix would be to delete this playlist from iTunes and then re-create it. Select File > New > Smart Playlist... (or click the + symbol at lower left and choose New Smart Playlist...) then set it up like this:

[check] Match all of the following rules:

Media Kind > is not > Podcast

Plays > is greater than > 0

[check] Limit to > 25 items > selected by > most often played

[check] Live updating

I think that should do it.

2 replies
Question marked as Best reply

Jul 30, 2015 1:59 PM in response to Community User

Bazola, a simple fix would be to delete this playlist from iTunes and then re-create it. Select File > New > Smart Playlist... (or click the + symbol at lower left and choose New Smart Playlist...) then set it up like this:

[check] Match all of the following rules:

Media Kind > is not > Podcast

Plays > is greater than > 0

[check] Limit to > 25 items > selected by > most often played

[check] Live updating

I think that should do it.

iTunes Top 25 Most Played never updates!

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.