Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

iTunes Match - I want to be able to delete songs from my iPhone.

I have it so that only the music on my device is shown. But when I try to delete a song it only gives me the option to 'Delete from iCloud Music Library'

Im not sure how else to remove the music from my iPhone.

iPhone 6, iOS 8.1.1

Posted on Jul 30, 2015 12:16 PM

5 replies

Jul 30, 2015 1:11 PM in response to tash fromperth

Your device specs indicate your using an iPhone 6 with iOS 8.1.1. However, your question makes reference to "iCloud Music Library" which is a term used in iOS 8.4. Assuming you have upgraded to iOS 8.4, terminology has changed and your correct in that Delete options will remove music from your local device and from iCloud. The term now being used to delete only local music from your device is called "Remove Download".

Jul 30, 2015 8:25 PM in response to tash fromperth

Hi,

I should've been more specific. If your now using iOS 8.4, go into Settings and under General, you will see Usage. Under this is the "Storage" Manage Storage. Then you will see the Music Icon where locally stored music resides. As for within the App deleting of Music, a component of the 8.4 software is the" Remove Download Option" if you tap the three red dots next to a given track. If your isn't showing that option maybe the song was streamed and not actually downloaded to your device. Either way, I'm certain your problem can be resolved.

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.