Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Numbers Budget Template categories match but numbers do not transfer between Transactions and Budget

I am trying to customize the budget template in numbers.

PROBLEM:

I have added rows and arranged the charts to my liking. However, when I added a series of categories to the Budget page, and then placed them in the drop-down box on the Transaction page, in only about half of the categories did the numbers carry over.

ATTEMPTED FIXES:

I have tried re-writing the category names and cut-and-pasting them to ensure they match, and they match EXACTLY, no spaces or any other difference. Out of 28 Categories, it appears 7 did not transfer. They don't have punctuation or special characters (and some of the ones that DID transfer have / or other non-alphanumeric characters).

I can't figure out why those categories won't transfer.

DETAILS:

I'm in Version 3.5.3, on an iMac running OS X Yosemite 10.10.4.

iMac, OS X Yosemite (10.10.4)

Posted on Jul 30, 2015 12:09 PM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Jul 30, 2015 12:20 PM

If you haven't already you might double-check to make sure the formula in column C has not somehow been changed inadvertently for some of the cells.

User uploaded file

SG

4 replies

Numbers Budget Template categories match but numbers do not transfer between Transactions and Budget

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.