Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

IPAD FROZEN

I PAD FROZEN

iPad, iOS 7.0.1, IPAD FROZEN

Posted on Jul 30, 2015 12:00 PM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Jul 30, 2015 12:10 PM

Have you tried a soft-reset ? Press and hold both the sleep and home buttons for about 10 to 15 seconds (ignore the red slider if it appears), after which the Apple logo should appear - you won't lose any content, it's the iPad equivalent of a reboot.

(For future info typing all in capitals is considered shouting, and may mean that people are less likely to reply.)

3 replies
Question marked as Best reply

Jul 30, 2015 12:10 PM in response to Clayton888

Have you tried a soft-reset ? Press and hold both the sleep and home buttons for about 10 to 15 seconds (ignore the red slider if it appears), after which the Apple logo should appear - you won't lose any content, it's the iPad equivalent of a reboot.

(For future info typing all in capitals is considered shouting, and may mean that people are less likely to reply.)

Sep 26, 2015 9:50 AM in response to King_Penguin

Update. After 20 minutes, soft-reset occurred without input. This all occurred while a restore was in progress in background which was probably the culprit.

I'm a 28 year apple power user and I'm stumped. I'm usually able to outperform the staff at the Genius Bar but not today.

My iPad mini 4, iOS 9, not sure if I've got the original or 9.01:

When listening to a podcast on beekeeping while in Mail, I activated multitasking with the podcast app in the side view / partial split mode with the main app (mail) dimmed so the podcast app is active. The UI elements for changing the secondary / smaller app, the split screen adjustment and the time / battery bar are glitching/flashy. No touch inputs are recognized, Siri 'dings' and takes voice commands and provides verbal response but no interface change. Sleep/wake button allows sleep and wake actions but holding does not soft-restart. The both-button screen shot command does trigger with shutter sound effect, but still not able to restart no matter how long I hold sleep/wake button. 😕

IPAD FROZEN

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.