Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

delete an album off iphone that was synced with computer

i synced an album on my pc with my phone, but then got a macbook air. i want to delete that album off my iphone but when i plug in my phone and click on the photos tab, it doesn't let me unsync photos. it's all grey and it says to use the iphoto on the macbook to import photos and there's no way for me to uncheck the album that i previously synced on my pc. now the album is stuck on my phone but i want to delete it to open up more space.

MacBook Air, OS X Yosemite (10.10.4)

Posted on Jul 30, 2015 11:38 AM

1 reply

Aug 1, 2015 11:46 AM in response to bayleyboecker2

Hello bayleyboecker2,

Thanks for using Apple Support Communities.

If you no longer have the computer that you synced the photos from to your iPhone, then you will need to follow the steps below to remove all previously synced photos.

To delete photos that have been synced from a computer that's no longer accessible:

1. Create a folder on the computer that you now sync with, and add a single photo to that folder.
  2. In the Photos tab in iTunes, click the box next to "Sync Photos From."
  3. In the pop-up menu next to "Sync Photos From," choose the folder you created in step 1.
  4. Apply the change.
  5. Uncheck "Sync Photos From."
  6. Apply the change again.
  7. Your synced photos will now be removed from the device.

Delete photos and video synced from iTunes when you can’t access the originals - Apple Support

Take care.

delete an album off iphone that was synced with computer

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.