Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

app store app not working on Iphone 6, shows a blank white screen

App store is not working. It shows a blank white screen when I tap it. A blank screen comes up for all the tabs, top charts, features, explore, search. The updates show that last updates. This is really frustrating. I have tried to restart, sign out and in, date and time change, language change, nothing works. A fix will be really appreciated!

iPhone 6, iOS 8.4

Posted on Jul 30, 2015 12:14 PM

4 replies

Aug 1, 2015 12:39 PM in response to mahwishfahad

Hi mahwishfahad,

I see that you are having some issues with your ability to connect to the App Store on your iOS device. I have an article for you that will help you troubleshoot this issue, even though it is written for connection issues with the iTunes Store:

Can't connect to the iTunes Store - Apple Support

https://support.apple.com/en-us/HT201400

Thanks for coming to the Apple Support Communities!

Aug 30, 2015 10:50 PM in response to mahwishfahad

I had the same 'blank white screen' problem with my "App Store" application too. I got to messing around with my phone and finally got it to work again, so if you're still having the issue, try this, it worked for me.

Go into Settings>General>Background App Refresh and toggle the 'Background App Refresh' at the top to the 'Off' position, then back to the 'On' position (green showing). Then go back out to the home screen where you can swipe down to access the 'Spotlight Search' and once you swipe down to where your 'Search iPhone' screen shows up (as shown below), start searching for "App Store" it will pull up the App Store logo so you can select it. Once you select it, this is where my App Store application popped up and started working again. No more blank white screen. Lmk if it works for you too. Good luck.

User uploaded file

app store app not working on Iphone 6, shows a blank white screen

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.