Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

My MacBook Pro 2015 frequently and randomly chirps like a smoke alarm that needs batteries, please help!

My MacBook Pro w/ Retina Display purchased Feb 2015 frequently and randomly makes a "tink" noise out of sounds, it sounds like a smoke alarm that needs batteries, please help! I've gone to the Apple store 3 times and they don't know what it is. I have already spent too much time making genius bar appointments, going there, waiting, and then accomplishing NOTHING! Where are the actual geniuses that know about apple products? PLEASE HELP!!

It happens for what seems like no reason. I'll be on google chrome, I'll be in imovie? I'll be working on things or the computer will have different windows up but I'll be away from computer..it's just so random

Details of my MacBook

MacBook Pro (Retina, 15-inch, Mid 2014)

Processor 2.8 GHz Intel Core i7

Memory 16 GB 1600 MHz DDR3

Startup Macintosh HD

Graphics Intel Iris Pro 1536 MB

1 TB Flash Storage

I have the latest OS X update Version 10.10.4

it was making the sound prior to me doing the update

The genius bar associates are saying that they could send it off for 3-5 days to another place to have it checked out. I not only don't have the flexibility to be computer-less for 3-5 days I also don't want them messing around with my computers insides considering I spent $4000 on this computer less then 6 months ago!

MacBook Pro (Retina, 15-inch, Mid 2014), OS X Yosemite (10.10.4)

Posted on Jul 30, 2015 12:54 PM

There are no replies.

My MacBook Pro 2015 frequently and randomly chirps like a smoke alarm that needs batteries, please help!

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.