Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

I cannot install apple mobile device support

It begins with my iphone 5. everything was ok, until I lost it, then bought iphone 6.

I come to my home and connect it to my itunes and for some reason, the computer cannot recognize it. Driver is not automatically installed.

I figured it was some itunes problem, so I went through myriad of uninstall-install phases, which eventually took me to do the right research and get a clean install of several old versions of itunes. However, non of these worked because I somehow always failed to install apple mobile device support. No matter which version of the itunes I try to install (including the newest version) the below happens:

User uploaded file

My computer is 64-bits Windows 7. I can open itunes fine, but my iphone 6 just cannot find its correct driver, and thus not recognized by my computer and itunes. please help!!!

iPhone 6, iOS 8.4, itunes

Posted on Jul 30, 2015 11:46 AM

1 reply

Jul 31, 2015 6:44 PM in response to Simoncrain

Well, I managed to resolve the situation, albeit not with the default, latest itunes version.

After clean uninstall (https://support.apple.com/ko-kr/HT1923) I downloaded an older itunes version that supports 64 bit (Apple - Support - Downloads).

Then I proceeded with installation and was finally able to use itunes to move music to my iphone 6

When using this minor workaround, please bear in mind following issues:

1. using an itunes version from too far back will not work, as these will be so out of date with current verion of iOS (or device maybe).

2. make sure you've downloaded an older itunes version that fit your operationg system's CPU architecture, that is whether you're using a 32-bit or 64-bit system. As a 64-bit user, you might be able to run 32-bit itunes, but won't be able to properly connect your device.

Lastly, the newest itunes installer (12.2.1) has problems. Its 64bit apple application support refused to be installed, and its mobile device support service wouldn't start properly, stating that I didn't have administrator status (which I did). I suggest folks having similar issues with apple mobile device support or application support 64 to use the itunes version that I downloaded, which was 12.0.1

I cannot install apple mobile device support

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.