Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Kensington Expert Mouse Pro not working on ML

I had for years the Kensington Expert Mouse Pro Model number 64213, an excellent device.

It has 4 buttons (upper Left-Right and Bottom Left-right). 6 direct launchpads, and a trackball with a circular ring for scrolling. I had it on OS9 Classic but I also used it on Snow Leopard. Everything worked fine.

The left bottom button was for click, the upper left for double-click (the bottom right was also double click) and the Top right was for Right click.

After upgrading to Mountain Lion last week, everything worked as before (perhaps there was a slight difference but the fact I don't remember what it was or even if there was something shows you it wasn't important).

However, I wanted to restore everything I had before, but System Preference told me it can't find a driver and I should reinstall the disk (that's version 5.6 A won't work; I tried after trying anything else) and if that doesn't work contact Kensington.

Instead, I uninstalled and reinstalled Kensington Mousework version 3.0 which is what is in my application folder, (which is for OSX) restarted and it became worse. Although the upper left still double click, the bottom left didn't work anymore unless I click option and then it will work. A little bit annoying. So I uninstall again and reinstall (I had a reason) and Now nothing works! The bottom left don't open anything. I need to click Control and a menu with lots of options will appear with on top it says Open, and that's the only way I can open now. (and that doesn't work on iTunes if I want to select something). If I click twice to open, sometimes I have to try 4-5 times before it will open. But most of the time it will not, so I have to do what I described above.

In the System Preference (if I click on Mousework) it says No driver found.

Kensington website is of no help. This device has been discontinued (because it was excellent, so that make sense in today's world). I download a Trackball driver or something but it can't find a device.

But I went into my external storage where I Carbon Copy everything I had on Snow Leopard before upgrading to ML, and there the MouseWorks has no problem at all. First of all it appears when I click on Mousework in the System preference, (which it won't do on ML) and it shows the mouse with all the preference I chose.

It works, I tested it just to be sure. On Snow Leopard no problem. It says it is connected to Turbo Mouse Pro (I guess it means the Expert Mouse Pro= the mouse I use) and not some kind of technical talk for a driver. I made a search in Finder->Find to anything connected to Kensington but found nothing except what I have in the Application folder.

HELP! I need at least the bottom left button to click (and open). Is that too much to ask?

Mac Pro, OS X Mountain Lion (10.8.5), Quad-Core Intel Xeon

Posted on Jul 30, 2015 12:00 PM

There are no replies.

Kensington Expert Mouse Pro not working on ML

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.