Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

iPhone 6 Plus Wifi 8.4

after updating to iOS 8.4 my wifi on iPhone 6 Plus is not working!!!! Any suggestions? Anyone else has the same problem

thanks G

MacBook Pro, Mac OS X (10.6.8)

Posted on Jul 30, 2015 4:38 PM

3 replies

Jul 31, 2015 12:02 AM in response to Lawrence Finch

Dear Sir you right I did not provide enough details, but it is the most RECENT update by APPLE! Hopefully more

people complain and another one update is released! anyway thanks for your interest, if you have a solution and would like to help it would be appreciated and honored!

The symptoms are:either trying to connect to my wifi network with no luck, either saying that my password in incorrect,

I already did a factory reset twice in iTunes, erase and reset all settings on iphone , reset network settings...and set up as new iPhone!

also I changed modems recently but the weird thing is that all my MacBook Pros work, my wifes iPhone 5S work as well as my iPhone 6 work just fine!

I have read somewhere that changing a modem might cause this problem, but how is that all other iPhones work just fine except the iPhone 6 plus?!

Thanks agains for your interest

g

Jul 31, 2015 5:13 AM in response to George3210

As the problem appears to be only with your home network, the problem is almost certainly with the router, either its settings, or a failure of the process that assigns IP addresses in the router. The symptom of a failed DHCP daemon that assigns IP addresses is exactly what you see; devices already connected will work, but devices that frequently connect and disconnect will not, because they cannot get an IP address. If this is the problem try rebooting your router.

If you have a new router it supports both 2.6 GHz and 5 GHz bands. The passwords can be different between the 2 bands. An iPhone will normally connect at 5 GHz first, because it is faster. So check to see if you are entering the 5 GHz password, or go to the router's settings, and make them the same.

Another common cause is the router has the capability to only allow "known" devices to connect. This is called MAC filtering. If it is enabled only devices whose WiFi address is on a "whitelist" can use the router. So check to see if this feature is enabled and if your phone is on the list. The symptom would be "incorrect password."

The router's firmware may not be up to date. You can check this on the manufacturer's website.

Sometimes it helps to set up the router as "other", rather than just tapping on its name. This provides more flexibility in choosing the encryption technology.

iPhone 6 Plus Wifi 8.4

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.