Apple Event: May 7th at 7 am PT

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Mic does not work when recording videos But works for FaceTime

mmic does not work when making videos, but works for everything else.

iPad 2, iOS 8

Posted on Jul 30, 2015 12:03 PM

1 reply

Aug 1, 2015 12:29 PM in response to vicbonano

Hello vicbonano,
I can understand that it can be frustrating when the microphone is not working when recording video, especially if it is working on another app. Let's see if we can get it sorted out for you.
I would start with taking a look at the article below to fix common issues. I would make sure that you do not have anything plugged in that would block the microphone input. Make sure that you are up to date on your iOS software as well. If the steps below do not help, then you will need to Contact Apple Support for further assistance.
If your voice is too faint or sounds unclear using iPhone, or iPod touch
https://support.apple.com/en-us/HT203792

Fix common issues

Follow these steps, testing after each with Voice Memos.

1. Unplug anything plugged into the headset jack.
  2. If you're on a call and holding your phone next to your ear, speak into the microphone and make sure you don't block it with your fingers or shoulder.
  3. If you're using a screen protector or case that covers the microphone, remove it. Clear any debris from the microphones.
  4. Restart your device.
  5. Update to the latest version of iOS.

If you've tried these steps and people still can't hear you well on calls, contact Apple Support.

Take care

Mic does not work when recording videos But works for FaceTime

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.