Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Ipod nano shows memory full, 0 songs, can't restore.

I have an older Ipod nano (based on a quick google search I think it's a series 4) and it's worked great for several years, until this week. One day I went to play some songs and it suddenly showed 0 songs everywhere I looked. I then went into itunes and tried to sync it but it said the memory is full. I am using the regular USB cord it came with, windows 7, and now as far as I know the newest itunes.

- I've tried the reset (holding menu and the middle button until the little apple shows up) and that did not make a difference.

- I've tried restarting the computer, no difference.

- I've successfully updated my itunes.

- I've repeatedly tried to update my ipod however I keep getting error messages (usually error 1437, once I saw a different one but I unfortunately I cannot remember what it was)

- Now any time I connect my ipod it only shows up in itunes for maybe a minute at the most and then ejects itself, and will not show up in itunes again until I restart the computer.

- I've tried some ideas for the error messages such as turning on and off my anti virus, turning on and off "enable disk use" followed by doing the c:\WINDOWS\system32\devmgmt.msc thing, and so far nothing has worked.

- Now when I connect my ipod it ejects itself from itunes in well under a minute, which leaves very little if any time at all to troubleshoot it via itunes.

I am now a couple hours into this snag and very frustrated with my apple product in general. Any help would be greatly appreciated.

James

iPod nano, Windows 7

Posted on Jul 30, 2015 2:36 PM

There are no replies.

Ipod nano shows memory full, 0 songs, can't restore.

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.