Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Multiple issues with Itunes Store for listed podcast.

Hi there,

Tech idiot here....I'm currently having multiple issues with my podcast: https://itunes.apple.com/ca/podcast/podcasts-the-knowledge-spot/id1023530887 and here's the RSS feed (I use squarespace), http://www.thekspot.net/podcasts?format=rss

Here's a list of the issues:

1. In Itunes store no artwork is displaying. However, if I subscribe to my podcast the artwork displays perfectly in the Itunes Library

2. In the Itunes store episode 01 is completely missing. Once again, if I subscribe, the episode does show up in my library feed.

3. I'm receiving multiple complaints about reviews being deleted and difficulty uploading reviews in general (People saying 1/2 the time nothing happends when they try to submit)

Please let me know if you need any more information and thank you in advance for the help,

Jared

Posted on Jul 30, 2015 1:57 PM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Jul 30, 2015 2:16 PM

The image in your 'itunes:image' tag is 1390 x 1400 px - the minimum is 1400 x 1400. It's also 594kB - it must be less than 500 kB; and it's a GIF - it must be JPG or PNG.

Though it shouldn't affect the issues you complain of, your category tag reads

<itunes:category text="Business, Education, Health, Religion &amp; Spirituality"/>

You can't do it like this, and you must pick categories from the list at the bottom of this page. See also here for information on the category tag.

Otherwise the feed is OK as far as I can see (though it's badly laid out and it's not possible to check it thoroughly other than using FeedValidator), with only minor problems. Episode 1 appears when subscribing; I can't see any reason why it should be missing from the Store unless it was temporarily missing when the Store last checked the feed. However there have been occasions when the Store has behaved oddly in this sort of way, and it may just sort itself out eventually.

I'm afraid I can't help on the reviews - that's entirely an internal matter with the Store.

4 replies
Question marked as Best reply

Jul 30, 2015 2:16 PM in response to Guy246

The image in your 'itunes:image' tag is 1390 x 1400 px - the minimum is 1400 x 1400. It's also 594kB - it must be less than 500 kB; and it's a GIF - it must be JPG or PNG.

Though it shouldn't affect the issues you complain of, your category tag reads

<itunes:category text="Business, Education, Health, Religion &amp; Spirituality"/>

You can't do it like this, and you must pick categories from the list at the bottom of this page. See also here for information on the category tag.

Otherwise the feed is OK as far as I can see (though it's badly laid out and it's not possible to check it thoroughly other than using FeedValidator), with only minor problems. Episode 1 appears when subscribing; I can't see any reason why it should be missing from the Store unless it was temporarily missing when the Store last checked the feed. However there have been occasions when the Store has behaved oddly in this sort of way, and it may just sort itself out eventually.

I'm afraid I can't help on the reviews - that's entirely an internal matter with the Store.

Multiple issues with Itunes Store for listed podcast.

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.