Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

email account won't load new emails

I have multiple email addresses in my mac mail inbox.

The all work... except 1. I can send from this account.. but no mail comes to the inbox. I've checked with the provider and the emails are there... but the mac mail won't take them. It even indicates in the bottom left that they are loading... or attempting to load... but they do not load to the inbox.

What's the solution to this?

Thanks for any help!

iMac, Mac OS X (10.6.8)

Posted on Jul 30, 2015 1:58 PM

8 replies

Jul 30, 2015 3:33 PM in response to baltwo

Thank you baltwo,

I should have mentioned. I checked to ensure set up was correct as were passwords. I did delete the account and reenable. I tried deleting the password in keychain and starting over.

Somewhere along the way I made "some" progress. I can now see the content of old messages... but I cannot receive new messages to this account. I can sent them... and I can see under mail activity that it's attempting to load the messages... The progress circle whirls around and the mail activity knows how many messages I have (it changes whenever a new email comes).. but they don't load.

Thoughts?

Jul 31, 2015 9:24 AM in response to Eric Root

Hi Eric,

Thanks very much for your help.

I think I've found the culprit. Though I'm not sure if it was a combination off all I tried... or if it came down to this...

I uninstalled avast mac antivirus software. It was on a hunch because I installed it about the time these email problems started. That worked. Amazing because I have multiple addresses which are nearly identical... but it affected just the one.

Anyway... I wish it would have occurred to me to try this first because I ended up deleting 91 emails and I think they're gone for good.

Thank you to all who post solutions here... lost without your help.

email account won't load new emails

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.