Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

My Macbook Air 11" is displaying with an extended screen but with no external screen connected (like a full screen app display but with no app open)

Today my screen went black but I could connect an external one. After solving this ( shake and SMC reset) my mac had two screens but I don't have any app open and no external screen connected. It is like having two desktops at once, and I can't disable it... Does anyone know how to solve this?

Posted on Jul 30, 2015 2:00 PM

1 reply

Aug 1, 2015 1:56 PM in response to marademacher

Hello marademacher,

I apologize, I'm a bit unclear on exactly what you are seeing or describing. If you are still having issues with your display after disconnecting the external display and restarting, you may find the troubleshooting steps outlined in the following article helpful:

Apple computers: Troubleshooting issues with video on internal or external displays - Apple Support

Regards

My Macbook Air 11" is displaying with an extended screen but with no external screen connected (like a full screen app display but with no app open)

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.